Cloud Computing; Make sure it’s private!
If you are anything like the modern day worker you will have most definitely heard of ‘the cloud’. If your next thought emulates ‘I have no idea what it is though’ let us reassure you, you’re not alone! The name cloud simply derives from the image used to display the internet in flowcharts and diagrams. Unfortunately the internet is not actually a fluffy white ball in the sky. The cloud on the other hand is in its own right highly interesting…
…The Private Cloud
The cloud, or more specifically, the private cloud is a way of computing that enables the highest levels of security throughout a single organisation. The specific work place may choose to have their system located on site or at a secure data centre. ‘Not on site!’ I hear you say… What does this mean for privacy? Well let us reassure you nothing changes. That’s the joys of private cloud.
- It enables secure usage for all parties involved. Being fully customizable enables you as the client to set its parameters.
- Improved scalability; therefore equalling a more efficient reliable working environment.
- Upgrades… No need to contact your provider they will do it all for you! With no physical equipment installed at your premises there is no paying out for something that will be out of date in 8 months time.
Cloud-based phone systems: VoIP
With the influx of new computing and technologies it was only a matter of time before the office phone system had a little attention thrown it’s way. Conference calls are now a prominent way of communicating that a strong, and reliable, line is essential. The joys of VoIP:
- Users can be added, altered and changed as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Are you a report runner – then download and view as much information as you need at the click of a button.
- Easy as plug and play! Your provider will have set up all the necessary users and messages required.
- Need something changed… Log a ticket and reap the rewards.
- Manage your clients in and out of office. If you have the connection you have the resources at your disposal.
Moving over to a cloud based system, VoIP, could not be a better way of enhancing your work communication, lowering your expenditure and providing a flexible working environment!